We spent the week in Marco Island, but flew in and out of Miami because the flights were better. As a result, we got to drive across the state. It was nothing like I was expecting. We had been joking about having seen a Publix every 2 miles, and all of sudden, there was nothing. No warning. No signs. Nothing to indicate that you had left reality and would be in the middle of nowhere for the next two hours.
Obviously, being from Illinois, I am used to seeing signs to watch for deer. In my life, I had never seen a sign for a panther crossing, especially right next to the sign for camping / picnic areas. There is something wrong about telling you to look out for panthers but to please take out some food and relax for a while. There is also a picture of the post office below - impressive.
No comments:
Post a Comment