Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

One of Matt's cousin's commented that we shouldn't need a holiday to be reminded to love each other, and I couldn't agree more. With that in mind, I think it is only appropriate to celebrate Valentine's Day by remembering some of the things that my husband does every day that I absolute love.

1. He cooks when I work late.
2. Every night in the winter, he warms up my side of the bed so that I don't have to freeze.
3. He humors me and my crazy ideas, even if it has him going shopping in the middle of a snow storm.
4. He plays scrabble with me even though he generally loses by a solid 100 points.
5. He'll watch a chick flick with minimal mocking.
6. He leaves me notes when one of us is traveling. For example, last year in Florida, I pulled out a note pad to write down something my client was telling me and found a post note from my husband telling me he missed me.

So, beyond the grand gestures of flowers, chocolate, and dinner, what are the day to day things that you love about your significant other?

No comments: