A few years ago, my mom and I spent an afternoon painting her sunroom. About two hours after we finished, she decided she didn't like the color and we proceeded to repaint the next weekend. Let's note - the sunroom looks fabulous now. :)
Well, now that Matt and I have bought our house, my mom (and Matt's dad and brother) came in to help us paint. We worked diligently all afternoon on Saturday and painted 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Impressive. :) We all went home that night feeling like we had accomplished a lot.
Matt and I drove back to the house on Sunday to inspect the work and quickly realized that our "sand and sage" office looked purple rather than brown. Now, neither of us is a big fan of purple, and the office is the one room in the house that Matt has free reign over. We of course determined that we had to repaint. So off I went to Home Depot and picked out a true brown while Matt started to tape. A few hours (and another trip to Home Depot) later, the room looks fabulous... without a trace of purple.
And at the end of the day, we have a "milk chocoloate" office and hard and fast proof that I am becoming my mom. And, yes, that's a good thing.
Monday, September 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You ARE becoming your mom! Can I see pics of your work? I love chocolate brown paint; that's what we're considering for the window alcove in our family room.
Well I finally found this site. Your house looks beautiful! I can not wait to see your place-plus I have been wanting to paint my second bedroom chocolate brown too. I am curious to see how it looks on the wall :)
Post a Comment